Volunteers under the age of 18 are welcome to participate in volunteer projects with consent from an authorized adult. Some events require youth and teens to be supervised by an adult, and other events have under-18 age restrictions. Check event details for more information.
There are a few ways to get consent from a parent, guardian, or authorized adult to participate in a SOLVE event. Read the section below for more information.
Teens Ages 13-17
- Register for a SOLVE account or have an adult create one for you. At registration, you will be prompted to enter the email address of the adult providing consent for you to participate. They will be sent a consent form in their email. Once approved you will have consent to participate until your 18th birthday.
- Some events may require you to have an adult participate in the event alongside you. The adult joining you must first create a SOLVE account. They will then need to create a team and register you both for the volunteer project by following the instructions on this page.
- Youth waivers will be available on-site if you or your guardian cannot get an online account created.
- You may also print a copy of our youth waiver, have an authorized adult sign, and bring it to the event. We have copies available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian, Somali , and Ukrainian.
Ages 12 and Under
You must have an adult present and be registered for the event by the adult who is consenting to your participation. Once your parent or guardian has created a SOLVE account, they will need to create a team with you as a member by following the instructions on this page.
Youth Group Facilitators
- If you are comfortable consenting to the youth who will be participating at the event with you, please create a SOLVE account and then follow these instructions to create a team.
- You may also email and/or print a copy of our youth waiver to send to parents and guardians for them to sign prior to the event. We have copies available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian, Somali , and Ukrainian that can be sent via email to youth group leaders to distribute prior to events.
Teen Event Leaders
Teens ages 13 and above can organize and manage their own events with an accompanying adult. Fill out our Event Leader form to get started! Do you have questions about how to become an event leader or general event inquiries? Fill out the Contact Us Form to get in touch.