Saturday, April 20, 2019: 9am - 1pm
Time to register your project!
Be a part of the largest Earth Day event in Oregon. We are now accepting projects for the annual statewide SOLVE IT for Earth Day event.
Already a registered SOLVE leader?
As the number of people visiting and moving to our beautiful state continues to grow, it has become more important than ever to keep it clean and healthy! Let's come together to make this Earth Day the largest ever, picking up litter, removing invasive plants, and planting native trees and shrubs across Oregon. Together we can make sure Oregon can remain the amazing place we all love.
Projects will take place on Saturday, April 20th as well as the weeks before and after the Saturday event.
Detailed support provided by SOLVE for approved community volunteer projects:
- Project planning assistance by SOLVE staff.
- Volunteer coordination training.
- Project Planning Reference Guide (step-by-step guide to coordinating a SOLVE project).
- Event flyers and pre-event publicity.
- Assistance with volunteer recruitment and registration including: online registration, confirmation e-mails to all online registrants, and volunteer waiver forms.
- Free cleanup supplies such as litter bags, vinyl gloves, safety vests, first aid kits, and sharps containers.
- A maximum reimbursement grant of up to $100.00 to cover qualifying project expenses. There are a limited number of grants available, so please apply early.
Please register your project as soon as possible as it allows time to plan and prepare for a successful event! If your project details change we can always update those as we get closer to event day.
The idea of people coming together on Earth Day to take care of and celebrate our planet began more than 45 years ago and was a perfect fit for SOLVE and our volunteers. In 1990, SOLVE IT for Earth Day took root in the Greater Portland-Metro area, fusing our hands-on approach with this worldwide day of service. Since then, SOLVE IT for Earth Day has grown into Oregon's largest Earth Day service event.
Over the past 27 years more than 112,000 volunteers have removed 15 million pounds of litter and invasive plants from illegal dumpsites, neighborhoods, and natural areas as part of this global event.
Questions? Contact Program Director Quintin Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-844-9571 Ext. 321.