Join SOLVE IT for Oregon August 1st to 15th!
SOLVE IT for Earth Day has made a few changes this year. We are happy to announce this event has shifted to SOLVE IT for Oregon! Join a small, community volunteer event, and celebrate Oregon and the planet between August 1st and August 15th.
Each year close to 6,000 volunteers come together with SOLVE to pick up trash, remove invasive weeds, and plant native trees and shrubs. This year will look a little different, as we celebrate 50 years of Earth Day by joining small, neighborhood and individual efforts to improve the environment this August!
- Create An Event - host your own, small community event using SOLVE's Covid safety guidelines;
- Join An Event - sign up to join a small event in your community from our online calendar, or;
- Volunteer On Your Own - head out on your as an individual or with your family/household!
Participate anytime between August 1st and August 15th to be a part of this statewide day of service for the natural areas and neighborhoods that make this place home. Commit to join us today!
Please be sure to review SOLVE's Covid-19 Volunteer Safety Guidelines before attending an event.
Why we care
Together, with volunteers and partners across Oregon and around the world, we can reduce the harmful impacts of litter and invasive plants to keep our communities and natural environments healthy. Litter and invasive plants are harmful to wildlife, water quality, and human health.
- Plastics are found inside the bodies of almost every animal species studied so far. By picking up the plastic upstream, our oceans and animals will collect less plastic.
- Invasive plants are considered a greater threat to native biodiversity than pollution, harvest, and disease combined. By removing invasive plants, we give our native plants and wildlife a chance to thrive.
Arrive prepared to volunteer!
- Wear sturdy shoes.
- Wear long sleeves for invasive removal projects.
- Dress for the weather and be prepared for August sunshine.
- Check your event description for what supplies to bring, or call SOLVE if you're not sure.
- Bring a mask, and read through our volunteer guidelines for staying safe at group gatherings during Covid.
- Stay hydrated with your filled, reusable water bottle!
Do you have qustions about the event? Contact Program Coordinator Monica Kelly at email@example.com or 971-346-2702.
To see more of the event day’s photos, check out SOLVE Facebook album titled SOLVE IT for Earth Day 2019.