Love Your Mountain Home
What better way to show your love for the mountain than by cleaning up?! Let's show our love for our mountain home! Join us at Mt. Hood Meadows to seek out those large and small pieces of litter and tossed recyclables we haven't yet collected in our year-round litter collections. It's a big mountain, and we could use your support on this equally big endeavor. After you're done helping keep Hood clean, come hang out on the deck, eat some food, take in the views and enjoy the day. Each participant will receive a $15 voucher for the Paradise Grill to be used this summer and two summer chairlift vouchers for summer 2023!
- Meet on the back deck for orientation
- Make sure to wear sturdy shoes, bring a water bottle, sun screen, gloves and garbage grabbers if you have them. Supplies are limited
- Please dress for the weather as it can change quickly up here
- Please be aware this site has uneven terrain and some steep slopes. Safety info will be provided
- Please observe and obey all area closures.
- Please keep your four legged friends at home on this day. Dogs (who are not service dogs) will not be allowed at this litter collection.
- Participants must sign up in advance of the event Families and groups can sign up together by following these instructions: "Create a team" is suggested for adding multiple people, without going in to register each separately… https://www.solveoregon.org/howtoguide
Advanced Registration: Is required. Please sign up (green button below) ahead of time to guarantee your spot.
Meeting Location: Back deck of south lodge in main base area.
Address: 14040 Highway 35 Mt. Hood, OR 97041 | Map Link
What to Bring: Work gloves you can pick up litter with. And a bucket to put the trash in if you don't want to use a bag. We will have a limited quantity of buckets.
What's Provided: SOLVE will provide work gloves, tools, and collection containers.
Restrooms: Restrooms are available in the main lodge.
Parking: Park in the main base area parking lot, in front pf the lodges. Follow all posted parking lot signs on arrival. No sno-park or other permits are required during the summer season.
Transit: Not available nearby
Accessibility: This area may not be easily accessible for folks with mobility concerns.
Translation Services: There will be a Spanish speaker present at this event.
Youth Volunteers: Volunteers 17 and under must be accompanied by an authorized adult.
Groups: If you are volunteering with multiple people for this event please register as a Team. See this short guide for how to register as a Team SOLVE | How-To-Guide (solveoregon.org).
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: