31st Annual Rogue River Clean-Up & Let's Pull Together!
Join us for a trash clean-up and weed pull along the Rogue River in Josephine County!
There will be 4 activities to choose from on the morning of the event:
1. Park and Riverside Clean-Up: Meet at the Hog Creek check-in and then drive to a designated park along the Rogue River for trash pickup. At each park, there will be a leader to hand out collection bags and help you determine where to wander! Walk the park from river's edge to all facilities removing garbage - leave bags at a designated area. A list of parks and directions will be provided upon check-in. Head to Indian Mary County Park for the After-Party!
2. Roadside Clean-Up: Meet at the Hog Creek check-in, then join team leaders for a "roadside" clean-up along Galice Rd. Wear high visibility vests for safety as cars can drive fast along this roadway. This option is best suited for adults. Leave collection bags at designated locations for future removal. Head to Indian Mary County Park for the After-Party!
3. Instream* (via commercial raft or boat) Clean-Up and Weed Pulling: Meet at the Hog Creek check-in. This activity will take place using a commercial raft or boat. You will sign up to join a boat upon arrival, and different rafts will tackle different stretches of river. Limited capacity on commercial rafts and boats with outfitters - please plan an alternative activity if capacity is full. Head to Indian Mary County Park for the After-Party!
4. Invasive Weed Pulling: Meet at the Hog Creek check-in. Learn from leaders on how to identify invasive weeds and what to do when you find them. Weed pulling opportunities will happen at various locations TBD. Head to Indian Mary County Park for the After-Party!
*Volunteers that wish to bring their own rafts and boats to participate in the instream clean-up are welcome to, however, the event insurance does not cover any accidents related to volunteers in their own watercraft. You must also be experienced on the water and able to navigate the river from Hog Creek downstream in a safe manner.*
Volunteer swag, prizes, snacks, water, and lunch will be provided!
8:30 AM at the Hog Creek Parking Lot
12:30 PM at Indian Mary County Park
After-party with live music from Michael Quinn and Cherry Wine, a raffle with prizes from SOTAR, Dutch Bros. Coffee, Grants Pass Clinic, LLP, Public Lands, Wildlife Images, and many others, lunch from Tacomania, and informational booths to follow from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
For more information and to register, visit: www.stream-smart.com/rogue-river-clean-ups/.
Advanced Registration: Is highly suggested but not required. Please sign up (green button below) ahead of time to guarantee your spot.
Meeting Location: Hog Creek Parking Lot
Address: 4719 Galice Road Merlin, OR 97532 | Map Link
What to Bring: Appropriate clothing, and work/gardening gloves and a trash picker (if you have those items).
What's Provided: SOLVE will provide trash grabbers, trash bags, work gloves, and high-vis vests.
Restrooms: at most, if not all, of the parks. These will be restrooms or pit toilets.
Parking: Parking lots within the BLM/Josephine County parks. Parking fees will not be required for the duration of the event.
Transit: Not available nearby
Accessibility: This area may not be easily accessible for folks with mobility concerns.
Translation Services: There will not be a Spanish speaker present at this event.
Youth Volunteers: Volunteers 13 and under must be accompanied by an authorized adult.
Groups: If you are volunteering with multiple people for this event please register as a Team. See this short guide for how to register as a Team SOLVE | How-To-Guide (solveoregon.org).
We would like to thank all of our partners and sponsors that are pictured in the logo cloud on the flyer. This event would not be nearly as successful without the support from all of you!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: