2022 Fall Ochoco Creek Clean-up
The reach of Ochoco Creek we plan to clean up is from Combs Flat Road to Garner Street. This cleanup is sponsored by Crook County Rotary Club, and Crook County Parks and Recreation District.
We also invite families with children and others who don't want to do instream work to help us clean-up the uplands and all of our parks before winter comes.
Here are a few things to know:
- Registration must be done on-line.
- For the Parks Clean-up, there will be a table with supplies from 12 PM to1 PM at Pioneer Park (next to the Police Station, corner of 2nd Street and Elm Street .. Pick up supplies and head on out. We can provide suggestions for where to go.
- Feel free to form your own team of 4 people, or we will assign you to a team. Cleanup work will start as soon as teams are formed, briefed and ready to go.
- In-Stream Volunteers will work in teams of four, with two people staged on the bank, tow in the creek.
- Each team will be assigned a section to focus on. We anticipate it will take about 2 hours to thoroughly clean a section.
- Trash bags, pickers and latex gloves will be provided.
- Bring knee high rubber boots for instream walking and boots with traction for muddy and wet bank conditions for the banks. We anticipate the water levels to be very low this year.
- Neoprene gloves for those doing instream work, warm clothes, sunscreen, hat, eye protection/sunglasses, walking or wading stick for support are recommended.
- Be prepared for changing conditions, including windy or cold weather - or alternatively a nice fall day with temps as high as 80 degrees. Who knows these days?
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:12+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: