Woods Park Volunteer Event
Join Portland Parks & Recreation, Friends of Woods Park, and SOLVE, to help remove ivy in Woods Park. This is a great way to get outside and enjoy nature. Tools, gloves and project instructions provided. Please dress for the weather, wear sturdy shoes, and bring your own personal water bottle and snacks. Volunteers will be removing ivy and will be working off trail on uneven ground and will be hiking to the project site.
Meeting location will be emailed to you once you are registered.
Contact Mary Verrilli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-8367
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife! Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is required for all stewardship events.
- Complete a health screening (brief online survey) before attending each event at portland.gov/health-assessment.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water and snacks. PP&R will provide tools and gloves for anyone who does not have their own, and training for the days activity.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:13+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: