Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:13+
No Ivy Day at Mt Tabor Park
Event Details: Join Friends of Mt Tabor Weed Warriors and Portland Parks & Recreation for restoration work at Mt Tabor Park. Volunteers will gather in the open lawn across the parking lot from the visitors center. We will split the group up into small groups of 4-5 and then divide up tasks between the groups. The typical weeds we remove from this site are blackberry, ivy, clematis, and morning glory. We usually offer the option to do litter clean up, or trail raking. Wear long sleeve shirt, long pants, and close toed shoes. This park has restrooms and running water/soap. Bring water bottle (there is a refill station at this park) We are recommending that volunteers bring their own gloves and face coverings. Shovels, hand pruners and loppers will be provided, but feel free to bring your own if that is best for you. All participants will be expected to wear a face covering/mask during the event, and to maintain 6 feet of physical distance. PP&R will provide tools, gloves and face coverings for anyone who needs it.
Meeting location will be emailed once you are registered.
Questions: Call or text Mary Verrilli at 503-823-8367
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is required for all stewardship events.
- Complete a health screening (brief online survey) before attending each event: https://c19oregon.com/
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Bring a face covering to be worn at the event and maintain at least 6 feet physical distance from others. PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water and snacks.
- PP&R will provide tools and gloves for anyone who does not have their own, and training for the days activity.
In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event.
We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family! While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work.
We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: