Portland, OR 97201
The Rotary Club of Crook County is once again teaming up with Crook County Parks and Recreation, Deschutes Land Trust, SOLVE, Crook County, Republic Services and Crooked River Brewing to do an in stream cleanup of Ochoco Creek before high water hits. CCPRD will help with logistics and collect the trash bags during the cleanup. Republic Services is donating a 10 yard dumpster and Crook County is paying for the dumping fees at the landfill. Following the cleanup, we'll meet at Crooked River Brewing to celebrate our success. There will be complimentary finger food and happy hour pricing on the brews.
Volunteers are needed to do a thorough instream and bankside cleanup on March 27th. Our reach of Ochoco Creek to cleanup is from Combs Flatt Rd to Gardner Street, within the City of Prineville. If we get enouch volunteers, we will expand our reach outside of the City to the Ochoco Lumber Company property and also to the north east - hopefully to the confluence with the Crooked River.
Due to the complexities of working in the creek, no one under 12 will be allowed to be in the Creek itself and youths between 12-18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Any age can help cleanup the banks and along Ochoco Creek pathway, but children under 12 should have a parent or designated guardian with them.
If you would like to join us, here are a few things to know:
• Registration will begin at noon at Pioneer Park (the park next to the Court House on 3rd Street), and cleanup work will start at 12:30 p.m.
• Volunteers will work in teams of four, with two people staged on the bank in support and safety of those working in stream.
• Each team will be assigned a section to focus on. We anticipate it will take about 2 hours to thoroughly clean a section.
• Trash bags, pickers and latex gloves will be provided.
• Bring rubber or other boots with traction for muddy and wet bank conditions, waders and neoprene gloves for those doing instream work, warm clothes, sunscreen, hat, eye protection/sunglasses, walking or wading stick for support.
Be prepared for changing conditions, including winter weather and varying water levels.
If you are interested in helping out to clean up this creek, Solve rwequires you to sign up on-line ahead of time.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity:
Connect With Us!