Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:13+
Ochoco Creek Spring Instream Cleanup
Ochoco Creek Clean-up March 28, 2020
Thank you for your interest in helping with the Ochoco Creek Instream Clean-up!
The reach of Ochoco Creek we plan to clean up is from Combs Flat Road to Harwood Street. This cleanup is sponsored by Crook County Rotary Club and the Deschutes Land Trust.
Here are a few things to know:
- Registration will begin at noon at Pioneer Park (next to the City Police Station at corner of Elm and 2nd Street), and cleanup work will start as soon as teams are formed, briefed and ready to go.
- Volunteers will work in teams of four, with two people staged on the bank in support and safety of those working in stream. Form your team now!
- Each team will be assigned a section to focus on. We anticipate it will take about 2 hours to thoroughly clean a section.
- Trash bags, pickers and latex gloves will be provided.
- Bring rubber or other boots with traction for muddy and wet bank conditions, waders and neoprene gloves for those doing instream work, warm clothes, sunscreen, hat, eye protection/sunglasses, walking or wading stick for support.
- Be prepared for changing conditions, including windy winter weather and varying water levels.
After the cleanup, we'll meet at Ochoco Brewing Company to celebrate our success. There will be complimentary finger foods and happy hour pricing on the brews.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: