Disposal Grants for Metro Area
SOLVE is providing disposal reimbursement grants from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022 thanks to generous funding provided by Metro. A limited number of grants are available to reimburse disposal fees within the specific area in blue in the map below, assisting in creating successful and sustainable projects. Individuals must apply for this disposal support prior to making any purchases so we can confirm that you are in the right service area and that there are still funds to cover your expenses.
Approval for a disposal grant is based on location of your project. You must be within the blue area mapped above to be eligible for this reimbursement. There is no funding limit for this reimbursement for any disposal expenses including dumpsters, delivery, or transfer station fees, but all purchases must be submitted for approval before they are made to ensure there is sufficient funding and eligibility for your project.
Volunteer groups may apply for multiple disposal reimbursements within the eligible location and that take place before the end of the program. This opportunity ends June 30, 2022.
Disposal grants can only be used for cleanups taking place within the highlighted blue portion of the map above.
SOLVE Small Grants are designed to help offset some of the on-the-ground costs for a project.
Examples of how a disposal grant can be used:
- Ordering a dumpster
- Waste disposal fees
Examples of how a disposal grant cannot be used:
- Volunteer transportation expenses (i.e. fuel, car/bus rental, etc.)
- Food, gifts or parties for volunteers
- Personal equipment, phone bills
- Fundraising activities
- Pesticides or herbicides
- Publication and distribution of promotional items (posters, signs, flyers) - we will update this page if this item is covered again through our small grants.
- Supplies used for activities outside SOLVE's focus areas. SOLVE's focus areas are: cleanup of litter and illegal dumpsites, non-native invasive plant removal, planting of native trees and shrubs, and monitoring and maintenance of restoration sites.