Growing a Greener Generation Litter Cleanup Agreement:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING
1. Provide Service-Learning Guide.
2. Provide a SOLVE Certificate.
3. Provide cleanup supplies, including trash bags and gloves.
4. Advise on litter cleanup logistics and property permissions, as needed.
5. Provide safety instructions.
6. Offer educational material on litter, recycling, and watershed health.
7. Provide public recognition of commitment on the webpage.
8. Guide participants to additional resources and environmental programs.
School/Youth-Serving Organization's Obligations:
As the Representative for your youth-serving organization or school, you agree to:
1. Engage youth participants in litter cleanups at least two times a year for one year.
2. Provide adequate adult supervision for all youth cleanup project participants under the age of eighteen (18).
3. Require all cleanup project participants to review, complete and sign the Volunteer Participation and Waiver Agreement prior to participation in any cleanup project activities. All cleanup project participants under the age of eighteen (18) shall have a parent or legal guardian review, complete and sign the Volunteer Participation and Waiver Agreement on the youth participant's behalf. Prohibit any person's participation in cleanup project activities without proper review and completion of the Volunteer Participation and Waiver Agreement.
4. Obtain express written permission from private landowners prior to performance of any cleanup project activities on private property. Do not enter or perform cleanup activities on private property without first obtaining a signed and completed Property Owner Permission and Waiver Agreement.
5. Prohibit performance of any cleanup project activities under hazardous conditions including, but not limited to, thunderstorms, high water, floods, fog or darkness.
6. Read and review this Agreement and safety information before cleanup project activities. Cleanup project participants shall follow all procedures and safety instructions outlined in the SOLVE Safety Instructions.
7. Dispose of all collected trash and litter in a legal and responsible manner.
8. Complete and submit a Day of Event Report Form to the Program Coordinator within two weeks after each cleanup project. Reports can be sent in online, by email, or by hard copy which will be provided.
9. Prohibit any political activities during cleanup events and while representing SOLVE. SOLVE is a non-political, non-partisan organization and does not permit volunteers to use SOLVE events for political activity, publicly express or otherwise promote their political beliefs, candidates or other causes that distract from SOLVE's mission.
10. Assume and accept full responsibility for all risks arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Representative further agrees to waive all claims arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Representative further agrees all cleanup project sponsors, public and private landowners, SOLVE, and all their sponsors, supporters, directors, volunteers, representatives and agents shall be held harmless against all claims arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Representative further agrees this Adopting Agreement shall act as a complete bar against all actions or claims arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Representative further agrees that if any action or claim is made, this Adoption Agreement shall warrant immediate and final dismissal of all such actions or claims.