We hope you are all healthy and safe!
As many Oregon counties move into Phase 1 and beyond of the Governor's reopening plan, SOLVE is happy to support public volunteer events again with free supplies, volunteer recruitment, and other resources.
At this time, if you have a project in mind, please submit your event with SOLVE!
However, we will be moving forward both responsibly and thoughtfully for the safety of all of our leaders, volunteers and partners.
In light of COVID-19 and state guidelines, we recommend that all events incorporate certain safety guidelines (see button below). We understand that this is an ever-evolving situation. Please check back here before you create your event and before the day of your event to see any updates to these guidelines.
Guidelines Updated on June 3, 2020
If you don't feel safe leading a public event, you can still get involved! Individual SOLVE leaders and volunteers may continue private cleanup and restoration efforts with SOLVE support if they are practicing the safety guidelines listed below.
- Always wear gloves
- Abide by 6-foot physical distancing at all times between you and anyone outside your household
- Stay home if you do not feel healthy or safe
- Dispose of your trash bags and used gloves in your home trash can or take to a local transfer station
- Wash your hands immediately following the activity
Additional COVID-19 Leader Resources
- SOLVE Volunteer Safety Guidelines
- SOLVE's DIY Activity Page
- Governor's Reopening Plan: General
- Governor's Reopening Plan: Status of Oregon Counties
- CDC Guidelines: How to Protect Yourself and Others
- CDC Guidelines: How to Clean and Disinfect
- Litter Scavenger Hunt - add an activity to make cleanups more fun while social distancing!