Thank you for your interest in leading a volunteer event with SOLVE!
SOLVE supports projects across Oregon that engage volunteers and focus on one of four main activities:
- Litter Cleanup
- Invasive Plant Removal
- Native Tree & Shrub Planting
- Maintenance & Monitoring
Lead your event any time of year through our Project Oregon or Oregon Adopt-a-River programs. Or join hundreds of other projects statewide during SOLVE IT for Earth Day in April or the Beach & Riverside Cleanup in September.
SOLVE offers free cleanup supplies and volunteer recruitment assistance to all SOLVE Event Leaders. Every successful project begins with a vision and effective planning. SOLVE equips Event Leaders with project planning assistance to assure that your event is the best it can be and will achieve your project goals.
Ready to get started?
After you create a leader log-in and your project is approved, SOLVE will provide you with project resources, and a link to the electronic Project Handbook, a comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide to help you organize your community event.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-844-9571 Ext. 336 if you have questions or would like to discuss a project idea!
Project Oregon (year-round, state-wide)
Contact: Monica Gunderson - email@example.com, 971-346-2702
Keep it Pretty, Rose City (year-round, City of Portland)
Contact: Dan Daly - firstname.lastname@example.org, 971-346-2708
SOLVE IT for Earth Day (April) & Oregon Adopt-a-River (Year-Round)
Contact: Monica Kelly - email@example.com, 971-346-2702
Adopt-A-Beach (Year-Round), Spring Oregon Beach Cleanup (March), & Beach & Riverside Cleanup (September)
Contact: Jon Schmidt - firstname.lastname@example.org, 971-346-2703
Contact: Lupine DeSnyder - email@example.com, 971-346-2707
SOLVE's mission is to bring Oregonians together to improve the environment and build a legacy of stewardship. SOLVE organizes events to focus on and promote SOLVE's mission. Even though they are outdoors or in public spaces, they are SOLVE's events. SOLVE will support Oregonians in their related volunteer efforts, as long as the following guidelines are met:
- SOLVE is a non-political, non-partisan organization and does not permit volunteers to use SOLVE events to engage in political activity, publicly express or otherwise promote their political beliefs, candidates or other causes that distract from SOLVE’s mission.
- SOLVE will not support events where political or partisan materials, campaign literature, or merchandise are distributed or sold to participating volunteers.
- SOLVE prohibits the use of its name, logo, and brand to promote any third party without permission.
- SOLVE reserves the right to cancel an event or exclude any individual from participating in an event, at any time, for any reason.