Adopt A Beach Agreement:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING
This Adoption Agreement is made between SOLVE's Oregon Adopt-A-River Program ("Program") and ("Adopting Group").
All parties hereby agree to the following terms governing this Agreement:
I. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect for a two-year time period, as measured from the date this Agreement is approved by the Program.
II. The Program's Obligations
As consideration for the Adopting Group's agreement to perform obligations under this Agreement, the Program hereby agrees to:
1. Provide Volunteer Handbook.
2. Provide Adoption Certificate.
3. Recognize Adopt-A-Beach participants online.
4. Provide Oregon Adopt-A-Beach supplies (such as litter bags, gloves, and sharps containers)
5. Provide safety instructions.
6. Offer educational material on litter and marine debris.
7. Guide volunteers to additional resources and programs.
III. The Adopting Group's Obligations
As consideration for the Program's promise to perform obligations under this Agreement, the Adopting Group hereby agrees to:
1. Act and serve as the voluntary caretaker for your stretch of the beach.
2. Perform cleanup project activities for adopted beach and report on your projects at least three times per year, for a total of six cleanup projects during the two-year duration of this Agreement.
3. Read and review this Agreement and safety information before cleanup project activities. The Adopting Group further agrees cleanup project participants shall follow all procedures and safety instructions outlined in the Volunteer Handbook and Adoption Agreement.
4. Require all cleanup project participants to review, complete and sign the Volunteer Participation and Waiver Agreement prior to participation in any cleanup project activities. The Adopting Group further agrees all cleanup project participants under the age of eighteen (18) shall have a parent or legal guardian review, complete and sign the Volunteer Participation and Waiver Agreement on the minor participant's behalf. The Adopting Group further agrees to prohibit any person's participation in cleanup project activities without proper review and completion of the Volunteer Participation and Waiver Agreement.
5. Provide adequate adult supervision for all minor cleanup project participants under the age of eighteen (18).
6. Obtain express written permission from private landowners prior to performance of any cleanup project activities on private property. The Adopting Group further agrees not to enter or perform cleanup activities on private property without first obtaining a signed and completed Property Owner Permission and Waiver Agreement.
7. Prohibit performance of any cleanup project activities under hazardous conditions including, but not limited to, thunderstorms, high water, floods, fog or darkness.
8. Dispose of all collected trash and litter in a legal and responsible manner.
9. Complete and submit a Day of Event Report Form to the Program within two weeks after each cleanup project. Reports can be sent in online, by email, or by hard copy which will be provided.
11. Assume and accept full responsibility for all risks arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Adopting Group further agrees to waive all claims arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Adopting Group further agrees all cleanup project sponsors, public and private landowners, Oregon Adopt-A-Beach Program, SOLVE, and all their sponsors, supporters, directors, volunteers, representatives and agents shall be held harmless against all claims arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Adopting Group further agrees this Adopting Agreement shall act as a complete bar against all actions or claims arising from or related to cleanup project activities. The Adopting Group further agrees that if any action or claim is made, this Adoption Agreement shall warrant immediate and final dismissal of all such actions or claims.